If you have been to an area with confirmed Coronavirus or if you are experiencing symptoms including cough, shortness of breath, breathing difficulties and a high temperature, please do not visit the Mater Smithfield Rapid Injury Clinic. Please contact your GP by telephone if you need medical assistance. For more information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) please see the HSE website here or call the HSE helpline on 1850 241850.
The Mater Smithfield Rapid Injury Clinic @ Charter Medical is a public facility for the assessment and treatment of minor injuries, operated by The Mater Misericordiae Hospital. No appointment or GP refreral required.
The clinic and its staff, who specialise in emergency care, can access all of the Mater Hospital’s services. On arrival, you will be registered and then seen by an advanced nurse practitioner or a doctor. You may be referred for X-rays if necessary.
Please note that we do not have access to non-urgent scanning including MRI/CT/US or non-urgent outpatient appointments.
What we treat
- Suspected broken bones to arm (from collar bone to fingertip)
- Sprains and strains
- Wounds, bites (animal or insect) cuts, grazes and scalp lacerations
- Minor burns and scalds
- Foreign bodies
- Minor chest injuries
- Minor head injuries (fully conscious patients who did not experience loss of consciousness or vomit after the head injury)
We don’t treat
- Conditions due to “medical illness” such as fever, seizures and headache
- Serious head injury
- Chest pain
- Respiratory (breathing) conditions
- Abdominal (stomach) pain
- Pelvic or hip fracture
- Pregnancy related conditions
- Neck or back pain
- Non traumatic limb pain
- Chronic injuries – please go to your GP
- Children under 16
Our Opening Hours
You can access the Mater Smithfield Rapid Injury Clinic in one of 2 ways:
Open: Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am to 6pm
Note: Last Registration at 5:30pm.
Closed: Bank Holidays
Phone: 01 657 9022
Fax: 01 657 9037
|Patients with valid medical card||No Charge|
|Patients with GP referral letter||No Charge|
|Non-Medical card holders||€75|
|Non EU short term visitors||€380|