We are now offering late night STI Screening on Monday and Thursday until 6.30pm (appointments not always necessary)
At Charter Medical Sexual Health Clinic we offer friendly, thorough, discreet and reassuring care for all aspects of sexual health, including STI Screening. There is a walk-in service available, although depending on the demands of the clinic it may not be possible to be seen straight away. If this occurs we will offer you the next available appointment which may be the same day or within 24 hours.
When should you have an STI screen?
- If you have had unprotected sex, especially with an unknown partner.
- If you have any unusual symptoms in the genitourinary area.
- If a recent or present partner has been diagnosed with an STI.
- If you are about to begin a new sexual relationship
How long does it take?
An STI Screen takes approximately 15-20 minutes. Results available within ten working days via text message (No charge) or consultation with nurse/doctor (€25).
If appropriate, and in addition to a full sexual health screen, we are offering Rapid HIV testing (results in 10 minutes). These tests are charged individually.
A routine Sexual Health Screen involves:
A consultation by a doctor or one of our nurse specialists who will take:
- Urine sample – tested for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea
- Blood sample – tested for H.I.V, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and Syphilis
- Depending on your symptoms, you may have swabs taken
- Patients are advised not to pass urine for at least 2 hours before the screen in order to attain the optimal urine sample for testing
- If you are worried about a particular exposure, and you have NO symptoms, it is advised to leave 2 weeks before you are screened
- If you are sexually active with different partners, you may be at a higher risk, so we recommend more frequent screening
The law guarantees confidentiality
Your clinical records cannot be shown to anyone without your written permission.